Dirigo Multimedia Products
In the course of many years of consulting work since 1995, Dirigo Multimedia,
Inc. has also developed many commercial products, some of which are sold directly
by Dirigo, but sold at a discount without any support included-- because there just isn't enough time in the day for me now to offer quality support, given my other programming projects. I'm currently considering options for selling these products through other Xtra vendors who can support them fully.
Some Dirigo plug-in and utility products were formerly sold by updateStage, inc. in Arlington, Massachusetts, which in January 2007 stopped selling new product. However, support is still available through updateStage for customers who bought products through updatestage.
Dirigo also has developed plug-in and utility products that are owned by other outfits.
see pricing and ordering information for most of these products here.
Please contact Dirigo by e-mail to arrange purchase of a
licensed version and a serial number.
Products sold directly by Dirigo (e-mail
for a demo version if a demo is not mentioned below):
- MasterApp Xtra for Windows and Mac gives you
comprehensive control over the way other applications such as browsers or Adobe Reader work with Director.
(In its original incarnation as an XObject, this product was once known as
ZapApp.) Demo versions, sample movie and documentation are available here.
- BinaryIO Xtra for Mac and Windows allow you to read and write binary data to disk
files (even using the resource fork, on Mac files). Demo versions, a sample movie and documentation
are available here.
- ProgressCopy Xtra for Mac and Windows allows
fast file copying, optionally with a configurable progress bar and cancel
- WDMInput Xtra for Windows allows
for display of video from WDM/DirectShow capture drivers on more than one screen, and
allows capture to still image files or to AVI files. The Xtra can also select video inputs or
tune television channels, and can play back AVI files on more than one monitor. Interface
listing is here, and a demo version
with sample Director movie or Authorware
calculation icon scripting is available by e-mail.
- DisplayRes Xtra for Windows allows you to change
the display monitor size and color depth 'on the fly' (or after a restart,
- DV (digital video) image capture Xtra for the Mac, to display and capture images from Firewire cameras and camcorders (or any other video or imaging devices with QuickTime capture drivers).
- DV (digital video) output Xtra for the Mac, allowing images and QuickTime DV streams to be displayed on external FireWire devices such as camcorders.
- AutoRun for Windows and AutoStart for
the Mac-- small, fast utility applications that can be automatically run
when a CD is inserted to decide whether to install the CD-ROM's software
or to run an already-installed copy of the software from the hard drive. AutoStart, now showing its age, is a Classic application on the Mac which has not been updated for Intel-based Macs that can't run Classic.
- DropStart, a Macintosh drag-and-drop application
to make using QuickTime's AutoStart feature a no-brainer. This is included
with the AutoStart download at updateStage. This product too is showing its age, as QuickTime AutoStart is a Classic feature not available on MacOS X machines.
- Relaunch for Mac and Windows allow you to switch-launch
from Director to other programs, restarting Director when the launched program
finsihes. This is a Mac Classic application; MacOS X doesn't require switch launching.
- ConvertData Xtra for Mac and Windows, which
allows you to convert between integer, hexadecimal and signature notation,
perform all the usual bitwise logic and bitshift operations in Lingo, and
(on the Mac) check Gestalt configuration values such as virtual memory, physical
memory, 68k vs. PPC processor, QuickTime version, etc.
- Versions XObject, a Windows plug-in for Director
4, 5 and 6 that lets you check DOS, Windows, QuickTime and file version numbers.The
QuickTime version checking methods are freeware.
- Image capture Xtra for Windows 95, 98 and ME, for ATI,
128, All-In-Wonder Pro,
and original All-InWonder
video capture cards . You can grab video, s-video or tuner frames, with cropping,
and can even preview video mirrored left to right or through an irregularly
shaped cutout mask. (The Xtra unfortunately does not work with ATI's newer
Radeon versions of the All-In-Wonder card, and does not work on Windows NT,
2000 or XP.)
- Image capture Xtra for some of Kodak's older DC series of digital
cameras: the DC25,
and the DC120.
Available for both Mac and Windows. The Xtra uses a serial port connection
to control the camera and download images.
- Image capture Xtra for Play,
Inc.'s parallel port Snappy
video capture device, for Windows only.
- EPSRender Xtra to support Encapsulated PostScript images in Director
(and a related free plug in for Electronic Ink's PrintOMatic
Xtra, to support EPS rendering to non-PostScript printers). This is currently
version has been partially developed but is currently in a state of suspended
animation until someone lets me know they need this functionality on the
- A copy protection and registration Xtra and InstallShield
installer DLL plug-in, to prevent your Director product from being pirated
and installed on multiple machines.
- Preferences Plug-In for Stuffit InstallerMaker for the Mac, from
Aladdin Systems. Writes a preferences file with the user's choice of installation
folder. Useful in combination with AutoStart for the Mac, or when your software
runs from the CD-ROM but needs to access items the user has installed on the
- Components XObject for Macintosh, which allows you to detect the
presence of software components such as particular Quicktime codecs, the Internet
Config extension, and the like. (XObjects only work with Director 6.5 and
Products developed for other companies:
- The Creativity Xtras for shockwave.com,
a matched set of three Xtras for Shockwave (Import, Export and Transport)
allowing local files to be imported into Director, bitmaps and text to be
exported to local files, and local files to be uploaded to HTTP servers.
- PickFolder Xtra and
XObject allows users to choose a folder. Now in the public domain due to g/matter's
- ScriptOMatic Xtra
provides automatic, fast Lingo script syntax coloring and formatting, which
helps streamline code and identify logic problems. Developed for g/matter.
- Significant contributions to the Lingo
Timesaver CD-ROM, a cut-and-paste collection of Lingo scripts for Director.
- Significant contributions to the Lingo scripting library of Lee Allis'
Inside Director 6 with Lingo, from Macmillan
Computer Publishing's New Riders imprint.
- FieldStyles Xtra for Mac and Windows speeds up text style and text
color changes to field castmembers by a factor of a hundred. Now in the public
domain due to g/matter's bankruptcy.
for the Mac, a small stub application which dynamically changes the memory
size allocated to an application installed on the hard drive, for optimum
performance. Developed for g/matter. Only useful for Mac Classic applications.
(Note that these are all XObjects, only supported by Director 6.5 and earlier.)
- PrefsFolder XObject for the Mac, which allows
you to detect the standard location for Mac preferences files.
- WinDirs XObject for Windows, which allows you
to detect the standard location for Windows initialization and system files.
- GetDate XObject for the Mac. This allows you
to check the date in a consistent way on any Mac, regardless of a user's date
and time settings, which can vary from country to country.
- The Versions XObject's QuickTime version number
methods are freeware, as noted above.
Contact Consulting Products Other Ordering HTTPS
You're looking at http://www.dmulti.com/products.html . Last
update: January 7th, 2007.
Identity and security by Comodo (see the bottom right corner of your browser window for confirmation)